As the most versatile compact pickup on the market, the GMC Sonoma Crew Cab combines the heart of an SUV with the rugged soul of a pickup. The Sonoma ZR5 previews some of the ways GMC plans to add to its professional grade capability to make it even more adaptable to customer needs.
"With four full doors and seating for five, Sonoma Crew Cab is the truck that handles roads as well as loads," said Mike Danowski, Sonomas assistant brand manager-product. "The Sonoma Crew Cab ZR5 adds a dimension of sporty looks as well as useful features that will make it an even bigger hit among hard-working professionals who need to transport a crew to work or their kids to a ball game."
Several of the GM Accessories featured on the show vehicle including the roof rack, bed rails and side steps, all in brushed aluminum will be offered as a ZR5 accessory option package on production Sonomas beginning in early 2002. Customers can choose to substitute a tonneau cover for the bed rails.
The ZR5 show vehicle also is equipped with an easy-to-use GM Accessories bed extender that swings out over the open tailgate for additional length and hauling capabilities. The show truck stands out from the crowd with a Bright Yellow Metallic custom exterior paint styled by Nippon Paint Color Design Studio of America and formulated in Sherwin-Williams paint. Yellow will be offered as an optional color on the Sonoma Crew Cab in early 2002.
Other sporty touches on the show vehicle include body-colored custom wheel flares and Niche Spitfire 18-inch chrome five spoke wheels. On the inside, the ZR5 features a leather-wrapped steering wheel with accents color-keyed to match the exterior paint, special carpeted floor mats, and brushed aluminum trim accents.
"With its amenities and useful features, the Sonoma Crew Cab ZR5 will appeal to young-at-heart customers who want an around-town vehicle with the convenience of truck-bed hauling," Danowski said.
* Bright Yellow Metallic custom paint styled by Nippon Paint Color Design Studio of America and formulated in Sherwin-Williams paint
* Custom wheel flares (body color)
* Niche Spitfire 18 x 8.5 chrome five spoke wheels
* Goodyear Wrangler HP 255/55/R18 tires
* Reese Dual Port System hitch for pulling trailer or attaching carrying rack
* Brushed aluminum roof rack (GM Accessories)
* Brushed aluminum side steps (GM Accessories)
* Brushed aluminum bed rails (GM Accessories)
* Bed extender provides additional hauling capabilities (GM Accessories)
* Unique instrument panel cluster with electro-luminescent white gauges and brushed aluminum gauge bezels
* Custom leather-wrapped steering wheel with accents keyed to exterior color
* Brushed aluminum accents on instrument panel bezel, door lock switches and HVAC vent
* 4.3L Vortec 4300 V6
* Automatic 4-speed transmission with overdrive
* 3.73 rear axle ratio
* Electronic shift transfer case
* Rear locking differential
* Increased capacity suspension
Click Here To Return To Street Trucks