Trends come and go in cycles, and we are so happy that muscle trucks are making a comeback. We've got leads on just what you need to transform your stock, pile into a balls-to-the-walls muscle truck. If you enjoy spinning tires, chirping gears, and pulling brodies then, like a garden you will dig these parts. You won't find a dash mat for a '69 Nova or a car cover for any Dodge from '79 to '84. You especially won't find any black cats, Roman Candles, Screaming Meemies, Ladyfingers, Buzz Bottles, Snicker Bombs, Church Burners, Finger Blasters, Gut Busters, Zippedy-Doodas, Crap Flappers, Whistling Bungholes, Spleen Splitters, Whisker Biscuits, Honkey Lighters, Hüsker Düs and Don'ts, Cherry Bombs, Nipsy Dazers, with or without the Scooter Stick, or one single Whistling Kitty-Chaser. No sir, we're not going to church anything up here; this is nothing but the good stuff. So unless you have to do some stunt work for Billy Ray Cyrus right now, sit back and enjoy the guide. If you don't, we can always get you a Whahburger and an order of French Cries. Maybe even a Whineken!
1. What could be better than chirpin' gears with this Hurst Shifter? Adding a cue ball grip. This lightweight shifter can be used on two-, three-, and four-speed automatic transmissions in both forward and reverse valve body shift patterns. It is a detent-type shifter so it will be next to impossible to miss a shift. Transferring the movement of the shifter to the transmission is a 5-foot-long cable. The cable features a solid 303 stainless steel inner wire core encased within a nylon liner that has been lubricated with Teflon for smooth operation.
2. You might have to steal a pile while you have this sweet footprint gas pedal installed on your Hemi. This sucker has a deep tread with contrasting chrome grid. It is universal, so it should fit your truck perfectly.
3. For true muscle car rollers check out these Chevy Rally wheels from Stockton Wheel. They are steel and made to be an exact duplicate of the factory rim but with the truck lug pattern stamped into the center. These are available in diameters ranging from 14 to 17 inches. Trim rings and multiple styles of center caps are available.
4. "It's a Shaker!" Add a true Mopar muscle upgrade to your '05 or '06 Dakota with this Shaker Scoop Good Hood. Hit the gas and watch the Shaker Scoop vibrate from the engine torque. The hood easily installs to factory hinges with no modifications and is constructed of a high-strength fiberglass composite. The Shaker scoop installs to your V-8 engine with specially designed mounting brackets.
5. Summit Racing has a complete line of Specialty Auto Parts' all-new slant edge die-cast aluminum covers to add some race inspired flash when you pop the hood on your Chevy. Specialty Auto Parts' stylish but aggressive looking valve covers fit any Chevy small-block from '58 to '86 and are available in black crinkle, polished, chrome, metallic gray, or Chevy Orange finishes, and feature raised or recessed logo styles. The design allows for the use of larger rocker arms and the covers include an OE-style oil baffle.
6. If you want to leave a lasting impression then you've got to check out this quad tip set up from Banks Power. This is a matched set of 3-inch constant-diameter heavy-duty pipes coupled with a straight-through Monster Muffler that delivers the kind of authoritative exhaust note that makes the competition say, "Dang." Then there are those four, count 'em four, seriously sinister-looking 6x5-inch rolled-edge polished tips that just exude muscle.
7. If you want something bigger than 17-inches then you have to move onto billets like these from Wheels Vintiques. These aluminum beauties come in diameters from 16 to 20 inches and widths ranging from 5-1/2 to 9-1/2 inches. Custom backspacing is available as well as custom finishes like full polish or powder-coated centers. Get that nostalgic look with a modern billet aluminum wheel.
8. To simplify your manual tranny conversion you should check into a stand alone clutch master cylinder / pedal assembly like the ones offered by Wilwood. You won't have to scrounge the junkyard looking for a factory pedal assembly, and sometimes those are very hard find. Wilwood makes single units or complete clutch and brake assemblies like the one shown here. This pedal assembly operates the brakes and the clutch together in one unit and positions the master cylinders outside of the firewall. It features an aluminum frame and arm construction with steel pivots, mounting studs, and anti-skid pedal pads.
9. New BBC retrofit hydraulic roller cams provide that muscle car sound and power for the ultimate in intimidation when you pull up. The new COMP Cams Thumpr Camshafts take the original Mark IV engine beyond impressive with a line of three retro-fit hydraulic roller camshafts that not only delivers excellent power and torque gains, but includes another important feature - true high performance camshaft sound.
By "tightening" the lobe separation angle of the camshaft, the COMP Cams engineering team has delivered the "holy grail" for performance enthusiasts - unbelievable sound quality and real horsepower gains.
10. To match the bump up front from the hood, add one of these tailgate wings from Cervini's. The fiberglass wing installs to the tailgate with some drilling required, but that's the price of being cool. Unfortunately, the tailgate wing will not fit with an over the rail tonneau cover. Available for Chevy, Ford and Dodge pick-ups.
Cervini's Auto Designs
11. You will need to keep track of the rpms while you have that foot print gas pedal to the floor so why not do it with some OEM style. Auto Meter makes this Ford Racing Cobra Jet 5-inch Shift Light Tachometer just for you blue oval fans. These through-the-dial LED lit tachometers feature illuminated Ford Racing and Cobra Jet logos coupled with a bright programmable external shift light.
12. If you want to wrap your muscle car rollers in the correct rubber then you have to check out what Diamond Back Classics is up to. Diamond Back's unique tire-building facility can create customized radial tires with just about any sidewall treatment you can imagine. Now, one of the most popular high-performance tires of all time-the BF Goodrich Radial T/A-can be ordered as a classic redline or whitewall. You just need to tell them the size and series you want, and they'll make them for you. All tires are current-production radials built by BFGoodrich reflecting the newest BFG technology. Diamond Back's proprietary in-plant process converts blackwall radial tires to redlines or wide whitewalls.
Diamond Back Classics
13. If you want to go all out and convert your automatic to a manual, then you will need one of these conversion bellhousings from Lakewood. Slap this on the back of the motor and then you chose what manual trans to use like an M22 Rock Crusher or a T-5. It has Mig-welded threaded inserts for transmission mounting bolts, and clutch pivot ball and clutch linkage brackets where required. Lakewood has many conversion bellhousings available, so check out the website for more info.
14. Enhance the look and add that finishing touch on your Chevy or Ford truck with an OE-quality stripe kit from SLP Performance Parts. They are available in black, silver or white, depending upon application and include matching left and right sides. All stripes are precisely cut out of vinyl material leaving no background. They are easy to install by simply aligning the transparent masking tape, squeegee until smooth and peeling away the tape. That's it!
SLP Performance Parts
15. Weiand's Pro-Street supercharger kits are engineered to give small-block Chevys 25 to 40 percent more power right at the bottom end for balls-to-the-walls brodies. Kits are now also available for Vortec/Fastburn (L31) cylinder heads for easy installation on GM crate engines or custom built applications using these affordable heads. This 144 system is a practical addition where hood clearance and/or the use of a long water pump and three V-belts are required.
16. Cool hoods aren't limited to the Dodge freaks. Chevy fanatics can also get some style up front with one of these steel cowl hoods from LMC Truck. Not only does the hood look mean, but it gives you more room for performance parts like a supercharger or a high-rise intake. An added bonus of the cowl design is the increase of cool air sucked into the engine compartment. Made from primed high-quality steel with full inner frame. Simply paint and bolt on; reuses your original factory latch and hinges.