What's in the Box?
So here is what to expect when you order the LoPro from ARE, a slick piece of fiberglass molded into a tonneau, coated in OEM paints and fully assembled onto the rail/hinge system. To install the cover, you must unbolt it from the supports in the box and flip the "Click and Go" handle to pop the hinges free from the rails. Once you get the cover out of the way, you will find these parts:
Pack of Shims
OE-Style Keys and Touch-Up...
OE-Style Keys and Touch-Up Paint
1. We went over to Fuller...
1. We went over to Fuller Truck Accessories in Fullerton, California, our local ARE dealer, to have the tonneau installed on the truck, while we snapped the pictures. The technicians there could have installed this in 10 minutes, but we slowed them down with a constant "hold it for the picture." The Tacoma has an integrated track system that the LoPro will mount to; depending on your application, the clamps may look different. For our truck, the clamps slide right into the factory tracks and provide the mounting point for the ARE rails.
2. Once the clamps are positioned,...
2. Once the clamps are positioned, the rails are lined up. You can see that all the other stuff like the prop rod mounts are preinstalled on the rail, saving you the guesswork on where they go and cutting down on work needed to install. Isn't that nice of ARE?
3. The shims are provided...
3. The shims are provided to keep the rails from rotating as you tighten the hardware. The way the company designed this clamping system only requires one bolt per mount, again to simplify installation.