Create Your Own Cover
Lowering A 2007 Chevy Colorado - Attitu...
Lowering A 2007 Chevy Colorado - Attitude Adjustment
We Give Our Colorado A Mean Stance With Belltech In Just One Day
, Photography by Galen Armenta
April 01, 2008
1. Semon removed the stock rear shocks. These are not reused because they will be too long once the truck is lowered. If they were reinstalled, they would be compressed too far with the lowered suspension and be forced out of their usable range of operation. This would cause the shocks to bottom out on the slightest bump.
1. Semon removed the stock rear shocks. These are not reused because they will be too long
2a. Before we loosened the U-bolts on the axle, the tab that holds the parking brake to the leaf springs needed to be removed
2a. Before we loosened the U-bolts on the axle, the tab that holds the parking brake to th
2b. The lower spring plates were then removed from the leaf spring pack.
3. The leaf springs were then unbolted from both front and rear perches. The stock springs, just as the stock shocks, would not be used again. On Colorados, the gas tank is right next to the driver-side leaf-spring perch. This made removing the front bolt a difficult task. After wiggling the spring pack around for a bit, the bolt eventually came out of the hole.
3. The leaf springs were then unbolted from both front and rear perches. The stock springs
4. When we installed the new leaf springs we flipped the bolts around and installed them opposite to the way they came out.
4. When we installed the new leaf springs we flipped the bolts around and installed them o
5a. The rear suspension could now be reassembled using the factory U-bolts.
5b. Belltech shock absorbers were then installed where the stock units once resided. These shocks feature valving that is specifically set for lowered trucks and will make for a smooth ride.
5b. Belltech shock absorbers were then installed where the stock units once resided. These
View Full Article
Enjoyed this Post? Subscribe to our RSS Feed, or use your favorite social media to recommend us to friends and colleagues!
User Submitted Content
Shows & Events
Create Your Own Cover
TEN: The Enthusiast Network
All rights reserved.