If you couldn't already tell, this issue of Sport Truck is littered with all things lifted. We went off our normal paved road to find some of the best features and tech for all you lifted-truck fanatics. To go one step further, we compiled this guide to show you what's out there to complement those trucks that have been sent skyward. There are a few little things you might need after you lift your ride such as steps to help you get your butt in the seat, programmers to get your speedo right, and drop hitches so you can still haul your toys around. There are some other goodies in the guide, but we'll let your greasy fingers do the walking. So until next month, happy wrenching and watch those knuckles.
1. Advanced Flow engineering (aFe), is pleased to announce the release of its new SilverBullet line of billet-aluminum throttle spacers. The spacers are made of 6061-T billet aluminum and feature a combination serrated/helix entry design that improves performance and throttle response. SilverBullet throttle spacers come with all hardware and instructions for an easy installation and are 50-state legal.
2. Installed between the air spring and bracket, Air Lift Company's Lock-N-Lift universal air-spring spacer system gives you the benefit of air springs and the profile of a lift kit. The customizable modular snap-and-lock design works with all brands of air springs and is molded from Zytel, which is lighter and stronger than steel. The Lock-N-Lift system comes with a two-year limited warranty.
Air Lift Company
3. Bedder Rails from PU-Products are made to not only protect your truck, they also give you endless ways to tie down your load or dirt toys with their numerous slots and access holes. Made of 0.125-inch aluminum in flat or diamond-plate, this heavy-duty rail system features a slanted outside design so it never touches the outside paint.
4. Brake Performance auto, truck, and SUV brake pads deliver increased stopping power and reduced brake fade, and they reduce wheel dust by up to 80 percent over many aftermarket semimetallic offerings. Brake Performance disc pads offer high initial bite and are effective up to 1,000 degrees F. The pads are manufactured from man-made aramid fibers.
5. Diversi-Tech hitches are made of aircraft-grade billet aluminum and have a case-hardened stainless locking mechanism built in. No more separate lock pin to fool with or rusty hairpin that has to be put in from an awkward position: Just insert the hitch and turn the key. It's safer because it eliminates the chance of the user forgetting to put in the pin or having someone "borrow" your pin or pin-keeper.
6. EGR Performance Brakes offers a full line of performance brake kits for all pickups and SUVs. These kits are application-specific for your particular driving style, gross vehicle weight rating, and load. Just let EGR know what you have, and the folks there can supply you with the right brake system. The company offers gas-slotted or cross-drilled vented rotors, blueprinted calipers with special phenolic or stainless steel pistons, and carbon/Kevlar disc pads and brake shoes.
EGR Performance Brakes