If you couldn't already tell, this issue of Sport Truck is littered with all things lifted. We went off our normal paved road to find some of the best features and tech for all you lifted-truck fanatics. To go one step further, we compiled this guide to show you what's out there to complement those trucks that have been sent skyward. There are a few little things you might need after you lift your ride such as steps to help you get your butt in the seat, programmers to get your speedo right, and drop hitches so you can still haul your toys around. There are some other goodies in the guide, but we'll let your greasy fingers do the walking. So until next month, happy wrenching and watch those knuckles.
1. Advanced Flow engineering (aFe), is pleased to announce the release of its new SilverBullet line of billet-aluminum throttle spacers. The spacers are made of 6061-T billet aluminum and feature a combination serrated/helix entry design that improves performance and throttle response. SilverBullet throttle spacers come with all hardware and instructions for an easy installation and are 50-state legal.
2. Installed between the air spring and bracket, Air Lift Company's Lock-N-Lift universal air-spring spacer system gives you the benefit of air springs and the profile of a lift kit. The customizable modular snap-and-lock design works with all brands of air springs and is molded from Zytel, which is lighter and stronger than steel. The Lock-N-Lift system comes with a two-year limited warranty.
Air Lift Company
3. Bedder Rails from PU-Products are made to not only protect your truck, they also give you endless ways to tie down your load or dirt toys with their numerous slots and access holes. Made of 0.125-inch aluminum in flat or diamond-plate, this heavy-duty rail system features a slanted outside design so it never touches the outside paint.
4. Brake Performance auto, truck, and SUV brake pads deliver increased stopping power and reduced brake fade, and they reduce wheel dust by up to 80 percent over many aftermarket semimetallic offerings. Brake Performance disc pads offer high initial bite and are effective up to 1,000 degrees F. The pads are manufactured from man-made aramid fibers.
5. Diversi-Tech hitches are made of aircraft-grade billet aluminum and have a case-hardened stainless locking mechanism built in. No more separate lock pin to fool with or rusty hairpin that has to be put in from an awkward position: Just insert the hitch and turn the key. It's safer because it eliminates the chance of the user forgetting to put in the pin or having someone "borrow" your pin or pin-keeper.
6. EGR Performance Brakes offers a full line of performance brake kits for all pickups and SUVs. These kits are application-specific for your particular driving style, gross vehicle weight rating, and load. Just let EGR know what you have, and the folks there can supply you with the right brake system. The company offers gas-slotted or cross-drilled vented rotors, blueprinted calipers with special phenolic or stainless steel pistons, and carbon/Kevlar disc pads and brake shoes.
EGR Performance Brakes
7. Firestone continues to expand its line of Ride-Rite air helper springs. The '07-'08 Silverado/Sierra Ride-Rite kit shown here is a no-drill application that uses the truck's factory holes and includes all of the components needed for a quick installation. Firestone's Ride-Rite system mounts between the truck's frame and the suspension to help maximize safe load-carrying capacity, stability, and ride quality.
Firestone Industrial Products
8. If you're running larger-than-stock tires, Hypertech's new speedometer calibrator can correct the speedometer and odometer for tires up to 54 inches tall for most applications. The speedometer calibrator also comes with a USB cable and a CD containing software to enable quick updates and upgrades over the Internet. In addition, the calibrator reads and clears diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) or check-engine lights.
9. Mag-Hytec makes high-capacity differential covers and transmission pans for most Dodge, Ford, and Chevy/GMC diesel and gas trucks. Besides dressing up the look of your differential, these diff covers offer more efficient cooling and easier servicing of the fluid. Magnetic dipsticks and drain plugs help filter metallic debris to extend fluid life. O-ring seals make removal and installation clean and easy.
10. OMF Performance Products is proud to offer both Race Beadlocks as well as Sim-U-Locks for almost every application on a number of different wheels. OMF commonly uses Mickey Thompson or American Eagle wheels, but the company can also provide you with other new wheels or modify existing aluminum wheels with one of its beadlocks or Sim-U-Locks. Sizes are available for 15-, 16-, 17-, and 18-inch rims. You can even pick from two different styles of outer ring and many custom finishes.
OMF Performance Products
11. PML now manufactures a Ford TorqShift transmission pan with extra capacity to help the TorqShift transmission better handle the high stresses of towing and larger tires. The deep transmission pan features a capacity of 4.5 quarts over stock for reduced oil temperatures. The sand-cast aluminum construction and design provide strength and great looks. The PML Ford TorqShift deep transmission pan is available in three finishes: as-cast, black powdercoated, and polished.
12. Need some air on the road? Then check out the Power Tank CO2 air system. This tank can inflate a 35-inch tire from 10 to 30 psi is just 30 seconds with the new HPX regulator. Not just for filling tires, this bad boy can also run air tools. The stout Power Grip Guard and the bottle are powdercoated aluminum, while the regulator is anodized aluminum.
13. Pro Comp Suspension has released its Motorsports Series lighting systems for multiple truck applications. The lightbars are constructed from heavy-gauge tubing and are finished in a durable, scratch-resistant, gloss-black powdercoat. These lightbars are designed to mount three lights of varying size. Lightbars come with all necessary mounting hardware and installation instructions.
Pro Comp Suspension Systems
14. Installed a lift and larger tires and lost some of your steering functionality? PSC has the answer: cylinder-assist steering. This kit features a steering cylinder and steering gear that will aid in turning those big tires. Also included is a high-displacement steering pump to replace the stock pump and help overall steering control. The kit comes with everything you need (even all of the hoses and fittings) and fits a wide range of vehicles, makes, and models.
15. Need gears to put the pep back into your lifted truck? Randy's Ring & Pinion has a huge selection of gears to get your truck right. The company has all of the installation kits and instruction you would need to do it at home. If you want to upgrade to a locker or a posi, Randy's can help you out with that as well.
Randy's Ring & Pinion
16. The ReadyRamp is a bed extender that also turns into a motorcycle ramp. It creates extra bed space for all of your gear and gas cans while preventing parts from falling out of the bed. The ReadyRamp comes in two different load ratings and fits nearly every truck on the road. Once set up, the ramp can be installed or removed in mere seconds. The hardware mounts to the truck's OEM tailgate hardware, so no drilling is required. ReadyRamps include hardware needed to fit nearly all Ford, Dodge, GM, Toyota, Nissan, and Mitsubishi trucks.
17. Rostra Precision Controls' ParkPilot Ultrasonic Smart Parking System is designed specifically for trucks that did not come factory-equipped with obstacle sensing. The ParkPilot truck kit uses ultrasonic technology to detect moving and static objects up to 6 feet behind the vehicle, alerting you of unseen objects and facilitating parking. The product's universal design fits virtually all vehicle applications, including the Toyota Tacoma and Tundra, Chevrolet Silverado, Ford F-150, Honda Ridgeline, and more.
Rostra Precision Controls
18. When you lift your truck, you change the suspension's geometry. Specialty Products has the parts you need to correct the alignment after you lift your truck. The company has parts for Tacomas, PreRunners, 4Runners, Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Dutys, and Nissan Titans. These parts will give you plus or minus 2 degrees of caster and plus or minus 5 degrees of camber change on some applications. Why scrub your tires after you lift your truck?
19. Lifts and big tires often make your truck feel sluggish and completely throw your gauges out of whack. Hypertech's Max Energy programmer fixes both problems with one powerful unit. Not only do you gain up to 174 hp, you can adjust your truck's speedometer for up to 54-inch tires. Additional performance features include: higher top speed/rev limits, adjustable shift points and firmness, the ability to read and clear diagnostic trouble codes, and more. Easy to use-simply plug into your vehicle's diagnostic port and follow the onscreen menus. You can even update your programmer on the Internet.
20. SSBC, manufacturer of performance disc-brake kits and accessories, has added Big Bite cross-drilled rotors to its lineup. Available now for a wide selection of trucks and SUVs, these rotors feature a precise combination of cross-drilling and slotting to reduce braking temperatures and brake noise while improving performance and durability in all weather conditions.
Stainless Steel Brakes Corporation
21. Superchips announces the release of its all-new Tirepaq for multiple truck and SUV applications. The Tirepaq electronically corrects the vehicle's speedometer to compensate for nonstock tires, wheels, and rearend gear swaps. It also adjusts shift patterns to improve driveability when aftermarket tires, wheels, and gears are installed. The Tirepaq unit is never out of date, as consumers can update it via the innovative tirepaq.com website.
22. Transfer Flow now has a 40-gallon fuel-tank and toolbox combo. With over 5-1/2 cubic feet of storage space, it's the all-in-one toolbox and auxiliary fuel-tank combo for fullsize shortbed and longbed Dodge, Ford, and GM diesel pickups. The toolbox tank is made from 14-gauge aluminized steel and sits flush with most bedrails, so it shouldn't interfere with fifth-wheel hitches.
23. To protect your seats from all kinds of stuff, check out the waterproof neoprene-backed seat covers from Wet Okole. The company has custom patterns for every popular make and model of truck. The neoprene waterproof seat covers are designed to slip over the top of your factory seats for a simple installation.
Wet Okole Hawaii
24. CRE RockerFlares are the perfect finishing touch to your lifted truck. They are designed to protect all six rocker panels from rock chips without sacrificing road and tire clearance. These paint protectors are constructed of 3/16-inch-thick, high-impact ABS plastic in a black textured finish. They are 3- to 5-inches wide, depending on the model, for a custom fit. Each set contains six horizontal flares (four on SUVs), four matching splash guards that fasten to the flare, mounting hardware, and installation instructions.
25. N-fab's hoop step and mounting system works on vehicles with or without a body lift with no modifications to brackets or bars. Available in wheel-to-wheel models or cab-length-only models, all N-fab Nerf-Steps are built from 0.084-wall, 3-inch tubing with a weight rating of 465 pounds. The six-step models have a step at the bed for access to toolboxes, fifth-wheel and gooseneck hitches, or anything else in the bed.
26. Pacbrake's air-spring kits that include heavy-duty air springs are the perfect solution for anyone wanting a smoother, safer ride while towing. The air springs are made with two-ply rubber and reinforced with solid, 1-inch-thick aluminum end caps. Using these in conjunction with laser-cut and powdercoated mounting brackets gives you a very strong air-suspension kit. This easy install can be performed on many Dodge, Ford, and GM trucks.
27. The biggest hassle of having a truck lifted higher than 8 inches is getting other people in the truck. One Up Offroad designed the One Up Step to add the extra drop needed to use an AMP Research step at this height. Once installed, the One Up Step moves the AMP step 6-1/2 inches below the pinch weld. Constructed of laser-cut and CNC-formed heavy-gauge steel, the step is powdercoated black for a long-lasting finish. They are currently available for '99-'08 Ford F-250/F-350 four-door trucks.
Truck Toyz Performance
28. EZ-Ride Concepts' Lift-Rite airbag spacers are designed to allow use of airbag helper springs on lifted trucks and SUVs. These spacers are designed to easily mount to existing airbags with simple handtools. Sizes are 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 inches. For vehicles equipped with tapered lift blocks, tapered airbag adapters are also available.