Leveling Kit Install on a 2008 Nissan Titan - Urban Commando
1. The Pro-4X version of the...
1. The Pro-4X version of the Titan gets its character from Rancho coilovers up front and Rancho shocks out back. We aren't going to mess with any of the dampers, except to add a bolt-on spacer below the upper mount of the front coilovers.
2. To get the coilover out...
2. To get the coilover out of the truck we'll need to disconnect the upper control arm from the spindle and then allow the lower control arm and spindle assembly to hang down from the chassis. Before any of this can happen, the ABS wiring must be unbolted from the spindle to prevent damaging it. A 10mm socket takes care of that.
3a. Next, the cotter pin is...
3a. Next, the cotter pin is removed from the upper ball joint and then the 15mm nut is unthreaded from the joint.
4a. Then, a sledgehammer is...
4a. Then, a sledgehammer is used to shock the ball join free from the spindle . A few quick taps and the spindle came loose.
5. The sway bar end link must...
5. The sway bar end link must also be disconnected from the control arm to allow it to drop downward.
6a.Now it's time to unbolt...
6a.Now it's time to unbolt the coilover: a 14mm socket takes off the lower bolt, while a 10mm ratcheting wrench takes care of the upper mounting nuts. One the bolts are out the coilover comes out easily.