This is one of those products that we wish we had but we had no idea we really needed. Have you ever tried to hitch up a trailer to your truck at night, in the dark, with no way of seeing the hitch or receiver? We have and until we got our hands on a White Night rear lighting system, we were stuck holding a flashlight in our mouth while wiring up the trailer to the truck. Well those days are gone, replaced by the sweet simplicity of a bolt-on lighting system that provides a clarity to everything behind our Toyota Tundra.
White Night Rear Lighting Systems
1. The White Night bolts behind...
1. The White Night bolts behind the factory bumper and places a pair of high intensity lamps right below the trailer hitch.
2. The kit comes complete...
2. The kit comes complete with a 7-pin round trailer wiring adapter and a bracket designed specifically for our truck.
3. The White Night does bolt...
3. The White Night does bolt in place, but we had to open up the factory 10mm license plate bolt holes to 1/4-20 specs so the provided hardware would fit through the holes. After drilling out the holes, the White Night bolted right in place and we re-installed the license plate.
7. A slick trailer wiring...
7. A slick trailer wiring adapter is included, so you don't have to splice any wires into the truck to make the White Night work. The adapter simply plugs into the existing plug next to the trailer hitch and it still allows you to plug in an additional trailer lighting socket to the White Night adapter.
9. We used the provided zip...
9. We used the provided zip ties to secure the loose wiring from the White Night lights to the adapter.
10. The complete unit took...
10. The complete unit took less than 20 minutes to install and only ate up a few inches of ground clearance below the trailer hitch.